Mittwoch, 21. März 2012

February upload part 2 or: Hai, chikaimasu(Yes, I swear)!!


Hi guys

This is the last upload of february, the next post will be about march, but, even if some of you can't wait and keep digging for it, the next post still won't be about my whiteday; about this topic I'll write in the post after the coming one!:) please be patient!;) But you'll lie the next post too, I think!x) my life doesn't need a special event to be amusing and a complete chaos!^^'' Well, that's who I am!:D But enough talked, let's start with the last february post!^o^:


The next event that is remarkable is that I went on a Japanese Wedding!^^ Well, it was not a traditional wedding, since the people whom married are young. It was the younger brother of my hostfather (my hostparents are also very young - 37), so they asked me, wether I wanted to come too, and I, of course, said yes.
The Evening before the wedding, the whole family went eating a traditional Japanese meal (where I ate the first time in my life fugu – karaage...and I’m still alive, it was delicious, and I’ll DEFINITELY eat fugu again!^w^). There I got a lot of new people and things to know, and since I’m gaijin(foreigner), I was everybody’s sunshine!^^’’

Haha, my hostfather drank a little to much, so he became really funny!:P After the meal, we went karaoke.^^Quiz: What ist he most funniest thing you can imagine??

Answer: A Japanese who loves Karaoke, drank a little too much and sings German songs ... well, let’s say try to sing!x’)) The younger brother(who married) and me changed all time time between laughing and pretending not to know this person!^^

He and his (now) wife are sooo cool persons – He is a DJ, and he’ll maybe take me to a scene club when I turn 18, although that’s still underaged in Japan!^o^ And his wife can sing really beautiful and she has to be really talented with playing the piano, everybody says.

And next weekend, we went all together snowboarding – the first time in my life!!00’’ 

..I know, it’s weird, since I’m Swiss, but until now I just didn’t want to do Wintersports – In fact, I HATE winter – much to cold for me!!! I know, that’s sad to say for a person living in a county that’s famous for it’s mountains, snow and wintersports, but I’m still the summer – type in the end!-.-’’

My dream is to learn how to surf, but since we have no sea in Switzerland, I have to swich to a similar looking sport, and snowboarding somehow has the same feeling. 

We drove trough the night and slept in the car. And since we went to a snowpark, which is a bit small and not to famous, I was, of course, the only gaijin far and wide.^^’’  Since I never boarded before, I was reeally worried about having an accident, just not being able to do it, or becoming a burden fort he others. But luckily, I was not the only greenhorn – Kanami(Who is just married with Masaru, the younger brother of my hostfather) and a her friend also didn’t have to much experience.

When we came to the top of the hill, we saw the piste frome above and Kanami and I were like: UUUAAAAH, we wanna go to the kids-park!!!>o< And until the end of the first half of the piste, I couldn’t board ten metres without falling on my knees, my butt , or something else that hurts more or less!-.-’’ But suddenly, I don’t know why, I got the feeling for „how to do it“, and afterwards I didn’t fall to much, and it was GREAT FUN!!!^w^ Afterwards, I was like:

„Why the hell did I wait for so long??!!??!x’)“ Well, better late than never, right??^^
But sadly, it started to rain around two o’clock, so we couldn’t board anymore. But, therefore, I went with Masaru, Kanami and their friends to a Japanese Onsen that was near the snowpark, which was reeally cool, since there was snow outside; so you could relax in the warm bath while you were surrounded by snow!!^0^ meccha tanoshikatta!!!!!!!!<3<3<3


But back to the main story – Wedding:
Although it was a western-like ceremony, it still was different. The first thing was, that the persons invited by the man were supposed to wait in the left room, while the persons belonging to the bride were supposed to wait in the right. We had to put our money – gift on the gift-desk and to write a little message. Then, the staff opened the wall between the left and the right room, so that we could see the other half of the guests. Then, everyone had to stand up and to introduce themself.
After that, we just sat down again and waited, while glancing at the people of the other side.=..= This waw so weird, every body was just looking, but when we talked, then only with our side!-.-’’ After ca. 10 minutes starring, we could finally enter the chappell. The bridegroom walked into the chappel, toghether with a choir of 4 people.

Then, the bride came in, but she was guided by her mother. After a walk of 3-4 meters, they stopped, bowed, then the mother set on the veil. After that, the mother gave the guidance to the father, who led the bride until to the groom. After that, the ceremony started normal as in Europe etc.
What really funny was, is, that the prieter was English!! But he hold most of the ceremony in Japanese, and I had a hard time not to laugh, because his accent was reeeeeeeaaaally strange!x’P
The groom and the bride  walked out together, and when they stepped outside, a lots of soap bubbles came from somewere – That was reeaally cute!^^ Then, the other guests walked outside, but the bridal pair was nowhere!O.o’’

we had to post ourselves along the stair, and every guest got a little basket filled with  flowers. Then, the bridal pair walked out of the chappel again (huuuuuuu??!^^’’), and we threw the blossoms at them as they passed.

After that, the meal started, and although everything was eatable with chopsticks as well as with fork and knife, I ate everything (including salad) with chopsticks!x) I dunno, it’s just getting weirder each time to eat with fork and knife – I think I’ll get a culture shock like hell when I come back!-.-’’.
They also had a really cool decoration, on each table was, beneath the whole flowerstuff, also a beautiful glass drapped; filled with a special looking liquid. On the table of the bridal pair was a big heart of glass, also filled with thius liquid.

Then, each table got a liquid, and the lights suddenly nearly got out. When we got the okay, we had to fill in the liquid in the glass, and because of a chemical reaction of the to liquids, all the glasses started to gloom in different colors. Then, the pair filled in their liquid in their heart, which started to gloom in a pretty purple-pink. That was so awesome!^o^(I also wanna have that on my wedding!^0^) We saw a slideshow of pictures, and at the end a video of the whole day (I felt a bit like in proposal daisakusen!^^.)

 After that, the couple went to a after-wedding-party with friends, and the family went again karaoke, but this time it was a karaoke bar, so there was a lot of smoke (did I mention that one of the things I HATE THE MOST is smoking?? I CAN’T stand it, especially if I have to be in the same room with smokers – If they wan’t to ruin their bodies, fine, but it’s absolutely NOT okay for me if I have to smoke passive, too!=n=***), so I didn’t feel like singing, since my eyes and my throat began to hurt after a short while!-.-’’
But all in all, it was great fun, and I finally earned a toshiidama (toshiidama is money that kids get at newyear from their families – but since I changed after new year, I certainly didn’t get anything from my former family-.-’’) from a real nice uncle, who really seemed to like me – he even brought me dessert from the buffet on the wedding (gaijin(foreigner)= being a little spoiled!^^’’)!- I was so happy, just the feeling that I also, finally, got a toshiidama!^w^<3 Oji-san, arigatou, meccha ureshii wa!!^^


1 Kommentar:

  1. Sweety, you're doing it so fine there! I'm really proud of you :-* Have fun and enjoy each second.
    Love and hug
    Rebeca

    AntwortenLöschen